Federal Hill Points of Interest
Federal Hill is located just to the south of downtown Baltimore, and is designated as a historical district. Most of the neighborhood consists of brick 19th century homes, but in recent years a tremendous amount of renovation has occurred making Federal Hill a much sought-after neighborhood. Federal Hill is bikeable, has excellent public transportation and has been called “the 8th most walkable neighborhood in Baltimore” by Walkscore. Here are some key points of interest:
- Federal Hill Park - Explore this 10.3-acre park overlooking Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. It was the site of a lookout during the Civil War and the War of 1812.
- Rash Field - 6-acre public space with two play areas, a skate park, a café, and beautiful views of the waterfront.
- American Visionary Art Museum - Peruse the museum’s unique exhibits or drop-in for a workshop.
- Cross Street Market - One of the oldest markets in the United States, Cross Street Market has been reimagined and newly renovated to include several eateries.
- Cross Street Farmer's Market - On E. Cross Street between Light and Charles Streets. Open every Sunday* June through October, from 10am to 2pm (*See website for more details)
- Brightside Boutique - Browse through this trendy women’s boutique.
- Southside Marketplace - Visit this newly renovated, grocery-store anchored mall.
- Pandora's Box Boutique - Gift shop featuring the work of local artists and independent designers.
- The Well - Wellness space offering massage therapy, reiki, acupuncture, and more.
- The Baltimore Florist - Offering fresh flowers and creative gift ideas with same-day delivery, 7 days a week.
Restaurants - There are many restaurants, coffee shops and bars within the Federal Hill neighborhood. Here are just a few:
- Blue Agave, 1032 Light Street (Mexican cuisine)
- Urban Deli, 1025 Light Street (Breakfast, lunch and smoothies)
- No Way Rose, 31 E. Cross Street (Cocktail bar, French cuisine)
- Watershed, 1065 S. Charles Street (Seafood, live music, rooftop bar/dining)
- BMore Thai, 1006 Light Street (Thai cuisine)
- Mother's Grille, 1113 S Charles Street (American bar cuisine, home of the infamous 'Purple Patio' Ravens tailgate party)
- Order & Chaos, 1410 Key Highway (Coffee and breakfast treats)
- Yeeros, 17 E. Cross Street (Traditional Greek cuisine)