Federal Hill, Maryland Points of Interest
Federal Hill is located just to the south of downtown Baltimore, and is designated as a historical district. Most of the neighborhood consists of brick 19th century homes, but in recent years a tremendous amount of renovation has occurred making Federal Hill a much sought-after neighborhood. Federal Hill is bikeable, has excellent public transportation and has been called “the 8th most walkable neighborhood in Baltimore” by Walkscore. Here are some key points of interest:
- Federal Hill Park - Explore this 10.3-acre park overlooking Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. It was the site of a lookout during the Civil War and the War of 1812.
- American Visionary Art Museum - Peruse the museum’s unique exhibits or drop-in for a workshop.
- Illusions Bar & Theater - Enjoy comedic magic shows and cocktails every Friday and Saturday night at this 1920s art deco bar and theater.
- Cross Street Market - One of the oldest markets in the United States, Cross Street Market has been reimagined and newly renovated to include several eateries.
- Brightside Boutique - Browse through this trendy women’s boutique.
- Southside Marketplace - Visit this newly renovated, grocery-store anchored mall.
- Restaurants - There are many restaurants, coffee shops and bars within the Federal Hill neighborhood. Here are just a few:
- Blue Agave, 1032 Light Street (Mexican cuisine)
- Brendali Italian Restaurant, 1022 Light Street (Italian cuisine)
- Ryleigh’s Oyster, 36 E Cross Street (seafood, Continental cuisine)
- Byblos Lebanese Cuisine, 1033 Light Street (Mediterranean cuisine)
- Diablo Doughnuts, 1035 Light Street (doughnuts and coffee)
- Don’t Know Tavern, 1453 Light Street (sports bar, music, light meals)